The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts has released information about Tennessee personal injury and Tennessee wrongful death cases filed in Knoxville and Knox County, Tennessee for the year ended June 30, 2012.
Here is the data;
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases filed in court: – 1044
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases resolved in court – 1042
- Total number of cases going to trial – 45
- Total number of jury trials – 28
- Total number of non-jury trials – 17
- Total number of cases in which damages were awarded 17 (38%)
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $1 and $99,999 – 16
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $100,000 and $999,99 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded exceeded $1,000,000 – 1
- Total damages awarded in all cases – $1,530,315
- Average damages awarded – $90,019
The average success rate for plaintiffs at trial in Tennessee was 38.49% for 2011-12. Thus, the win rate for plaintiffs in Knoville and Knox County was about the same as the statewide-average.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate your way through the complicated court system and can help you not only resolve your case but also help you avoid problems that can complicate your future access to health care.
If you need a Knoxville or Knox County, Tennessee personal injury attorney call me for a free consultation. My toll-free number is 866-812-8787. You may also complete our Contact Form and we will call you back promptly.