The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts has released information about Tennessee personal injury and Tennessee wrongful death cases filed in Lebanon and Wilson County, Tennessee for the year ended June 30, 2012.
Here is the data;
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases filed in court: – 126
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases resolved in court – 156
- Total number of cases going to trial – 31
- Total number of jury trials – 7
- Total number of non-jury trials – 24
- Total number of cases in which damages were awarded 0 (30%)
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $1 and $99,999 – 7
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $100,000 and $999,99 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded exceeded $1,000,000 – 2
- Total damages awarded in all cases – $21,404,341
- Average damages awarded – $2,640,434
The average success rate for plaintiffs at trial in Tennessee was 38.49% for 2011-12. Thus, the win rate for plaintiffs in Cookeville and Putnam County was slightly lower than the statewide-average.
An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate your way through the complicated court system and can prepare your case so that it can be resolved for an amount you deserve.
If you need a Cookeville or Putnam County, Tennessee personal injury attorney call me for a free consultation. My toll-free number is 866-812-8787. You may also complete our Contact Form and we will call you back promptly.