The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts has released information about Tennessee personal injury and wrongful death cases filed and resolved in Williamson County, Tennessee for the year ended June 30, 2012.
Here is the data;
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases filed in court: – 264
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases resolved in court – 240
- Total number of cases going to trial – 3
- Total number of jury trials – 3
- Total number of non-jury trials – 0
- Total number of cases in which damages were awarded 1 (33.3%)
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $1 and $99,999 – 1
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $100,000 and $999,999 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded exceeded $1,000,000 – 0
- Total damages awarded in all cases – $2,000
- Average damages awarded – $2,000
Shocked? Can’t believe that there aren’t more cases and more trials in Williamson County, a county of $185,000? These numbers are not that unusual – Nashville and Davidson County have more filings (1382) and more trials (69) but remember that it has more interstate highways and other roads (and thus more traffic and more wrecks) and much more other economic activity that can rise to personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Do you need help with a Tennessee automobile accident or other Tennessee personal injurycase? Our office is conveniently located in Brentwood in Maryland Farms. Call me toll free at 866-812-8787 for a free consultation, or fill out our Contact Form and we will call you. We accept representation across the state, including cases arising in Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Nolensville, and Fairview.