The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts has released information about Tennessee personal injury and Tennessee wrongful death cases filed in Lebanon and Wilson County, Tennessee for the year ended June 30, 2012.
Here is the data;
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases filed in court: – 156
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases resolved in court – 144
- Total number of cases going to trial – 4
- Total number of jury trials – 2
- Total number of non-jury trials – 2
- Total number of cases in which damages were awarded 1 (25%)
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $1 and $99,999 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $100,000 and $999,99 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded exceeded $1,000,000 – 1
- Total damages awarded in all cases – $2,459,878
- Average damages awarded – $2,459,878
The average success rate for plaintiffs at trial in Tennessee was 38.49% for 2011-12. Thus, the win rate for plaintiffs in Wilson County was a lower than the statewide-average.
I have not been able to find any public information about the large verdict in Wilson County. Million-dollar verdicts are very rare in Tennessee – there were only 17 in the entire state in the one year ended June 30, 2012.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate your way through the complicated court system and can prepare your case so that it can be resolved for an amount you deserve.
If you have a Lebanon or Wilson County, Tennessee personal injury case all me for a free consultation. My toll-free number is 866-812-8787. You may also complete our Contact Form and we will call you back promptly.