Since the beginning of February, the FDA has been busy with recalls related to undeclared peanut allergens. A good number of the recalls are related to tainted cumin but not all. The foods involved are:
- Pride of Szeged Sweet Hungarian Paprika (manufactured by Spiceco)
- Goya and Kirby – Black Bean Soup and Black Beans with Creole Seasoning (manufactured by Goya)
- Whole Foods Market Divine Treasures 100,000 Smooches candy (manufactured by Whole Foods Market)
- Whole Foods Market – prepared salads, tacos and seasoned meat items (manufactured by Whole Foods Market)
- Village Hearth, Lender’s, L’Oven Fresh and Kroger bagels (all produced by National Choice Bakery). This recall also involves tree nuts.
- Pepperidge Farm bagels (manufactured by Pepperidge Farms). This recall also involves tree nuts.
- Sara Lee, Thomas and Jewel bagels (all manufactured by Bimbo Bakeries) This recall also involves almonds.
- See’s Candies Classic Red Hearts and assorted chocolates (manufactured by See’s Candies). This recall also involves undeclared tree nuts.
- The Spice Mill Chef’s Choice Ground Cumin and Cajun Seasoning (manufactured by the Spice Mill)
Even more cumin-related recalls occurred in January. For more details on these and other food recalls, go to http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/
Food allergies can be life-threatening. In fact, approximately 1,500 Americans die each year because of allergic reactions to food. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious allergic reaction to an undeclared allergen or contaminated food, we can help. Contact one of our award-winning attorneys today for a free, no-obligation consulation. Call us anytime at 866-812-8787.
For more information on this subject, click on the links below:
Food Allergy Claims Against Restaurants
Food Allergies and Schools, Daycares and Preschools