Child Sexually Abused by Neighbor

I just discovered that my daughter was sexually abused by a adult neighbor.  What can I do about it?

First, you should call the police and report that a crime has occurred.  Cooperate fully with the police department.

Second, you should take your child to a doctor for an examination.  Talk to the doctor about counseling for your child.  The police may also have some suggestions for counseling assistance. 

Third, you may wish to consider a lawsuit against the abuser.  Sexual abuse is a form of battery – the unlawful touching of one person by another.  It is what an known as an intentional tort.

Those would commit battery are responsible for the harm they cause.   This includes medical and counseling expenses, disability, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life, as well as other damages.

It is often difficult to collect money from child sex abusers, although our firm has had success doing so in the past.  An experienced personal injury  lawyer will do an investigation to determine if he or she can help you recover money from the person who harmed your daughter.

Contact Information