Where Must A Car Accident Lawsuit Be Filed?

I live in Knoxville and I was in a car wreck in Nashville.  The driver of the other car lives in Murfreesboro.  If my case doesn’t get settled can I file a lawsuit in Knoxville? 

No.  Under a new Tennessee law that was effective for all lawsuits arising from injuries arising on or after October 1, 2011, this type of case must be filed where the wreck occurred or where the individual defendant resides.  

Therefore, if you must file a lawsuit, you will have to file it in Nashville or in Rutherford County. 

An experienced automobile accident attorney can tell you which place you should file suit if it becomes necessary. 

Contact Information