The Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts has released information about Tennessee personal injury and Tennessee wrongful death cases filed in Murfreesboro and Rutherford, Tennessee for the year ended June 30, 2012.
Here is the data;
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases filed in court: – 432
- Total personal injury and wrongful death cases resolved in court – 566
- Total number of cases going to trial – 23
- Total number of jury trials – 9
- Total number of non-jury trials – 14
- Total number of cases in which damages were awarded 6 (26.0%)
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $1 and $99,999 – 6
- Total number of cases where damages awarded was between $100,000 and $999,99 – 0
- Total number of cases where damages awarded exceeded $1,000,000 – 0
- Total damages awarded in all cases – $209,662
- Average damages awarded – $34,944
The judges in Rutherford County are doing a good job of managing their dockets, as evidenced by the fact that more cases are being resolved than are actually being filed. In the 2010-2011 year, 479 cases were filed but only 436 were resolved. The number of trials also dropped from a year earlier- in 2010-11 there were 20 trials (9 of which were jury trials).
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate your way through the complicated court system and can prepare your case so that it can be resolved for an amount you deserve. Call me for a free consultation. My toll-free number is 866-812-8787. You may also complete our Contact Form and we will call you back promptly.