The lawyers at The Law Offices of John Day, P.C. have prepared several legal guides to provide you with general information about the work we do and the legal system. We believe that it is important that everyone, not just our clients, have an understanding of personal injury and wrongful death law and the way our civil justice system operates.
We add, of course, that none of these guides are a substitute for advice given by a competent lawyer who has been made aware of all of the relevant facts of a given situation. Therefore, while you can read these guides to learn general information, do not rely on them as legal advice for any particular legal problem. This is particularly true when we discuss the deadlines for filing lawsuits (statutes of limitation). These rules can be extremely complicated, and you would be making a big mistake to make any decision on when a legal deadline actually ran in a case based on the general statements in these legal guides.
We will be happy to meet with you and discuss representation of you for any type of personal injury or wrongful death case. To arrange an in-person or telephone meeting, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you are currently represented by a different law firm, please know that we cannot answer questions about your case. The legal ethics rules provide that one lawyer cannot give advice to another lawyer’s client without the knowledge and consent of the current lawyer. We honor this rule.
Here is a list of our legal guides:
- Understanding How to Hire a Lawyer in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Understanding Attorney’s Fees and Expenses in Personal Injury and Wrong Death Cases in Tennessee
- What Are My Obligations as a Client?
- Understanding the Steps in the Litigation Process
- Understanding What Happens at the Trial of a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Case
- Understanding Automobile Wreck Cases
- Understanding Claims Relating to Children
- Understanding Damages in Personal Injury Cases
- Understanding Tennessee Law of Libel and Slander
- Understanding Medical Malpractice Cases in Tennessee
- Understanding Product Liability Claims in Tennessee
- Understanding Truck Wrecks in Tennessee
- Understanding Wrongful Death Cases in Tennessee